Information on processing and protection of personal data
If you have contacted us with a request to provide information via an infoservice or contact form, or you are interested in the sphere of geology and have used our service “Ask a Geologist” or you have used the services of our internet store, you have given us some of your personal information.
This information on the processing and protection of your personal information explains who we are, how we process your personal information, and what your rights are in relation to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who we are?
We are the State Geological Institute of Dionýz Štúr, abbreviated “SGIDŠ”, Company Identification Number: 31753604, located in Mlynská dolina 1, 817 04 Bratislava 11. We are the processor of your personal data if you have provided them. This means we are responsible for their protection and processing.
How can you contact us?
Regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the State Geological Institute of Dionýz Štúr, Mlynská dolina 1, 817 04 Bratislava 11, Slovak Republic.
When do we process your personal information?
We process your personal data provided:
- You purchased the goods in our online store
- You contacted us to provide information via Infoservice or mail
- You contacted us to provide information via the contact form
- You have used the “Ask a Geologist” service.
What kind of personal data do we process?
In most cases, we process your name, surname and email address.
In some cases, we also process your phone number and address or other personal or business contact information. These are common information that result from our mutual communication.
For what purpose do we process your personal information?
We collect your personal information solely for the purpose of answering your queries or requests for information you have sent us and for order fulfilment in the case of a purchase in our online store.
Based on what legal basis do we process your personal information?
We process your personal data pursuant to § 14 par. 2 of Act no. 211/2000 Coll. on Free Access to Information and on Amendments to certain laws (Freedom of Information Act), as amended, or on the basis of an order you have sent to us.
Time-span of personal data processing
We process your personal data only for as long as the purpose of processing and our legitimate interest persists. In the event of a legal obligation, we will process your personal data for as long as the law requires.
Securing and protecting your personal information
We protect the personal data we have at our disposal to the fullest extent possible against their leak, misuse or damage. Access to your personal data is granted only to a limited number of SGIDŠ staff who have been trained on how to deal with them and how to protect them.
Provision of personal data to third parties
We do not make your personal information available to third parties other than Google Analytics of the Google Company.
We may disclose or make available your personal information on the basis of a decision of the court or other governmental authorities entitled to request their disclosure and / or accessing on the basis of or in accordance with the obligation imposed by the relevant legislation.
Place of personal data processing
We process personal data in the countries of the European Union. Some of our intermediators (e.g., Google) may process different data outside of the European Union as well, as they will be sent and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
You can reject Google Analytics by clicking the link below. A refuse cookie is set on your computer to prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website: Disallow Google Analytics.
With regard to the protection of your personal data, you have extended rights:
- You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information, which we process if your registration is no longer required (it no longer has the purpose of processing). In this case, we will delete or anonymize all of your personal data that we have from the databases we operate. We will do so within 30 working days upon receiving your request.
- If you change anything and your personal information is no longer up to date, you have the right to ask us to correct the incorrect personal data we process.
- You have the right to limit the purpose of processing your personal data or their scope.
- You have the right to ask us to access your personal data we are processing. And we will provide you info within 30 working days which process data we are processing.
- If you want to take your personal information from us and transfer it to another entity, the information we have about you we will provide you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format within 30 days.
- You have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data. Once we receive your appeal, we will not process your personal information further. Revocation of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing we performed prior it was revoked.
- You have the right to file a complaint about the illegal processing of personal data. You may refer your complaint to us at any time, or you may file it with the Office of Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic.
If you wish to apply for any of these rights, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com or letter by post to our address: State Geological Institute of Dionýz Štúr, Mlynská dolina 1, 817 04 Bratislava 11, Slovak Republic.
Please note that prior to we provide any information in this regard, we shall have the right to ask you to add information and data to verify your identity.
Office for Personal Data Protection
If you feel that we do not deal with your personal data in compliance with the law, you can contact the Office for Personal Data Protection with a complaint. However, we will be very pleased if, in such a case, you turn to us first, we will be happy to remove any shortcomings.
We assure you that our staff who come in contact with your personal data are trained to handle personal data in order to ensure maximum protection and are bound by the confidentiality of personal data. This rule shall last even after the end of our cooperation. In addition to our employees, no third party shall have an access to your personal data unless it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which you provided us with the personal data.
This policy of processing and protection of personal data enters in force from May 25, 2018.