SGIDŠ makes information available on this portal in accordance with applicable legislation freely and free of charge through services and applications.
Storage services according to the INSPIRE directive allow direct access to all available data and, where possible, the download of complete files or their parts. All data available for download is subject to the Creative Commons BY 4.0 International License.
In terms of this license, when using and expanding the data, there is an obligation to provide information about the author and the origin: ©State Geological Institute of Dionýz Štúr. At the same time, you must indicate the method and extent of the work modification. All data are only informative and SGIDŠ is not responsible to any extent for how and for what purposes the data was used. By downloading and subsequently using the data, you agree to the terms of this license at the same time.
Examples of application citations, or of a specific map layer:
1. Application: <name of application>[online]. Bratislava: State Geological Institute of Dionýz Štúr, <year the application was made available on the Internet> Available on the Internet: <web address of the application>
Example: “Geological map of Slovakia M 1:50,000 [online]. Bratislava: State Geological Institute of Dionýz Štúr, 2013. Available online: http://apl.geology.sk/gm50js“.
2. Map layer: <author>:<title>[online]. Bratislava: State Geological Institute of Dionýz Štúr, <year of publication> Available online: <web address of the application>
Example: BEZÁK, V. et al.: Comprehensive geological map of the Slovak Republic 1:200,000 [online]. Bratislava: State Geological Institute of Dionýz Štúr, 2008. Available online: http://apl.geology.sk/pgm/.
All the SGIDŠ data are provided in accordance with Act No. 569/2007 Coll. on Geological Works (Geological Act), as amended, which is a basic legal norm governing the design, execution, evaluation and control of geological works and the scope of the State Geological Administration (hereinafter “Geological Act”), as well as Decree of the Ministry of Environment of the Slovak Republic no. 51/2008 Coll., which implements the Geological Act, as amended.
In addition to the Geological Act, data are provided in accordance with several legislative documents:
- Act no. 3/2010 Coll. on the National Infrastructure for Spatial Information, as amended
- Act no. 211/2000 Coll. on Free Access to Information, as amended
- Act no. 205/2004 Coll. on the Collection, Storage and Dissemination of Environmental Information, as amended
- Act no. 618/2003 Coll. on Copyright and Rights Related to Copyright, as amended
- Act no. 275/2006 Coll. on Information Systems of Public Administration, as amended
- Decree no. 55/2014 Coll., Statement by the Ministry of Finance of the Slovak Republic on Standards for Public Administration Information Systems
- Concept of Geological Research and Geological Survey of the Territory of the Slovak Republic for 2012-2016 (with a view to 2020)