S T A T U T E
of the STATE GEOLOGICAL INSTITUTE OF DIONÝZ ŠTÚR
The position of the State Geological Institute of Dionýz Štúr
1. The State Geological Institute of Dionýz Štúr was, in accordance with § 21 of the Act of National Council of the Slovak Republic No. 303/1995 Coll. on budgetary rules, as amended by later regulations, established under the name Geological Survey of the Slovak Republic by the Decision of the Minister of Environment of the Slovak Republic of 11 October 1995 No. 1979/1995-min. as amended by later decisions of the Minister of Environment of the Slovak Republic (hereinafter referred to as “the Minister”). By the decision of the Minister of 26 April 2000 No. 647/2000-min. on the change of the name of the Geological Survey of the Slovak Republic, the full text of the founding document of the State Geological Institute Dionýz Štúr (hereinafter referred to as the “Institute”) was issued.
2. The Institute is a contributory organization, the function of its founder is performed by the Ministry of Environment of the Slovak Republic (hereinafter referred to as the “Ministry”).
3. The seat of the Institute is Bratislava
Tasks and a scope of the Institute
For this purpose, it carries out in particular:
Systematic and comprehensive basic and regional geological research of the territory of the Slovak Republic with a focus on
2. Design, execution and evaluation of geological works at
3. Design, execution and evaluation of geochemical and geophysical works, if they are related to geological works referred to in point 1 and point 2 letters a) to h), as well as other supporting geological activities.
4. Ensuring the activities of the Partial Monitoring System Center − Geological environmental factors.
5. Ensuring the activities of the reference geoanalytical laboratory for the field of geology and analysis of geological materials and rock environment.
6. Execution and evaluation of chemical, physical-mechanical, isotope and other laboratory analyses of geological materials, substances of inorganic or organic origin contaminating the environment, materials of phytogenic and zoogenic origin, waste and food.
7. Implementation and evaluation of chemical-technological analyses of minerals.
8. Monitoring, collection and processing of data on reserves and extraction of minerals, costs and conditions of their use at home and abroad, monitoring the development of consumption and prices of minerals and their application to the conditions of the Slovak Republic.
9. Ensuring the obligations arising from the Act No. 569/2007 Coll. on geological works (Geological Act) as amended by later regulations, Decree of the Ministry of Environment of the Slovak Republic No. 51/2008 Coll., which implements the Geological Act as amended and Decree of the Ministry of Environment of the Slovak Republic No. 33/2015 Coll., which implements some provisions of Act No. 44/1988 Coll. on the protection and use of mineral wealth (the Mining Act), as amended, in particular:
h. storing and making available final reports and other geological materials.
10. Keeping a register that contains:
11. Execution of tasks in accordance with Act No. 395/2002 Coll. on archives and registries and on the amendment of certain laws in accordance with later regulations.
12. Creation and operation of an information system in geology within the information system on the environment of the Slovak Republic. Automated data processing. Providing consultation and information services in the field of computer technology and software.
13. Performing the function of the Central Geological Library of the Slovak Republic.
14. Execution of geodetic, cartographic, reproduction and reprographic works at realization of geological and other works.
15. Issuing of thematic state maps with thematic content of a geological map.
16. Publishing and sale of professional geological publications, geological and other derived maps and results of geological works.
17. Implementation of environmental projects related to geology.
18. Environmental management.
19. Carrying out an environmental audit.
20. Ensuring and managing the tasks of international cooperation in geology. Ensuring the exchange of geological information with the international information system, cooperation with geological services of other countries.
21. Implementation of objective assessment, teaching, consulting and advisory activities in the field of the main subject of activity.
22. Processing of information for state administration and territorial self-government bodies, domestic and foreign investors on business opportunities in the field of geological work, use of raw materials, groundwater and thermal energy of the Earth’s crust and in ensuring the protection of mineral wealth in land use planning activities.
23. Elaboration of studies, assessments and searches from the results of geological works.
24. Elaboration of documents for concepts of geological research and survey of the territory of the Slovak Republic and for drafts of legal regulations, technical standards and methodologies in the field of geology.
25. Preparation of documents for the implementation of measures resulting from the “Update of the Concept of Geoparks of the Slovak Republic”.
26. Organizing professional conferences, seminars and symposia.
27. Rental of property and provision of accommodation services.
Institute management system
1. The Institute is managed by the General Director of the Institute, who is its statutory body and responsible for its activities. The General Director of the Institute is appointed and dismissed by the Minister.
2. The General Director of the Institute in his absence shall be represented by the Director appointed by him − the Deputy of General Director in full extent of rights, duties and responsibilities, except for matters which the General Director has defined in his exclusive competence.
3. The organizational structure of the Institute, the scope of activities of individual organizational units and their mutual relations are regulated by the Organizational Rules of the Institute, which are issued by the General Director of the Institute.
4. The Institute carries out its activities also through regional centers (hereinafter referred to as the “center”). The centers are based in Banská Bystrica, Spišská Nová Ves a Košice. If necessary, more centers can be established.
Advisory bodies of the Director
The Director General, due to high quality and efficient management of the Institute, establishes the Scientific Council, the Editorial Board, the Approval Committee and other advisory bodies. The chairman and members of the advisory bodies shall be appointed and removed by the General Director of the Institute. The composition and operation of advisory bodies are governed by their statutes, which are issued by the General Director of the Institute.
Economy of the Institute
1. The Institute is a contributory organization that is financially involved in the budget of the Ministry. It manages independently and on his own behalf acquires the rights and commits himself.
2. The management of the institute is governed by generally binding legal regulations on the management of budgetary and contributory organizations.1
3. The Institute manages its own resources and the resources of the state budget, while the contribution from the founder’s budget for the Institute activities is purposefully determined and specified in the binding regulations of the Ministry.
Principles of Institute activities
1. The activities of the Institute are governed by the Plan of main tasks and the Contract concluded between the Ministry and the Institute for solving the tasks of science and research, geological survey, informatics, publishing, laboratory activities and the environmental monitoring system, which are approved by the Minister (hereinafter referred to as the “Contract”), by special and generally binding legal regulations and relevant internal acts of the Ministry management.
2. The Institute annually submits an evaluation of the fulfillment of the Plan of the main tasks and the Contract, in case of changes to the Contract it submits an evaluation also during the year.
1. The employment relations of the Institute’s employees are regulated by generally binding legal regulations, in particular the Labor Code and regulations issued for its implementation. The rights and obligations of the staff of the Institute are governed by the Staff Regulations issued by the General Director.
2. The wage conditions of the Institute’s employees are regulated by the relevant wage regulations.
This Statute shall enter into force on 1 August 2015.
Minister of Environment
of the Slovak Republic
1 Act No. 303/1995 Coll. on the Financial Regulations as amended