In year 2000 obtained philosophiae doktor in the study area 21-32-9 Minerallurgy and environmental technologies on the Faculty of Mining, Ecology, Process Control and Geotechnology, Technical University, Košice, Slovak Republic and the external education Institute of Geotechnics, Slovak Academy of Sciences. The research qualification degree IIa was obtained in year 2004 on the Institute of Geotechnics, Slovak Academy of Sciences.
In present, she works on many national and international projects are directed to the monitoring of environmental conditions and to the development of industrial and environmental technologies in the Department of Applied Technology for Raw Materials (ATNS) of the Geological Institute of Dionýz Štúr, regional centre of Košice.
- 1987 – 1993: Student (Ing., ISCED level 7).Technical University in Košice, Faculty of Mining, Ecology, Process Control and Geotechnology, university Levels (Ing.), in the study area Geosurvey. Thesis: Drobnotektonic structure analysis of the Silver vein on the 8th horizon in the SZ-JV crossing of the Maria mining.
- 1993 – 1997: Graduate assistant, Institute of Geotechnics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Košice, Slovakia. Workload: ▪ laboratory experimental works, ▪ participation on solution of the national projects in the field of mineral biotechnology.
- 1997 – 2000: PhD student (PhD., ISCED level 8). Faculty of Mining, Ecology, Process Control and Geotechnology, Technical University, Košice, Slovak Republic and the external education Institute of Geotechnics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Košice, Slovak Republic, university 3. Level (PhD.), in the study area 21-32-9 Minerallurgy and environmental technologies. Thesis: Biotransformation of primary and secondary mineral structure by microorganisms genus Bacillus
- 2000 – 2004: Postdoctoral researcher, Department of Mineral Biotechnology, Institute of Geotechnics, Slovak Academy Science, Košice, Slovak republic. Workload: ▪ developing the biochemical leaching of non-metallic raw materials, ▪ leader of national and international projects and co-worker of national projects, ▪ publishing and presentation of the research results.
- 2004 – 2017: Senior researcher, Department of Mineral Biotechnology, Institute of Geotechnics, Slovak Academy Science, Košice, Slovak republic. Workload: ▪ development of novel environmental technologies, ▪ acting as a principal investigator of national and international projects or co-worker of national projects, ▪ acting as a supervisor of PhD study in the field of Mineral Biotechnology (3 graduated students), ▪ publishing and presentation the research results.
- 2007 – 2014: Biotechnologist, AQUATEST a.s. Slovakia, Košice. Workload: ▪ solving technology tasks including monitoring of the physical-chemical and microbiological parameters of in-situ and ex-situ bioremediation, ▪ direction of bioremediation methods applied directly on the plant.
- 2017 – Present: Senior researcher, Head of the department ATNS, Geological Institute of Dionýz Štúr, Regional center of Košice.
- 2018: Professional competence for implementation of geological works – Geological Research, Geological Survey of the Environment, Geochemical works (License No. 27/2017 issued by the Ministry of the Environment of the Slovak Republic (MoE SR); valid up to 1. 2023).
- 14 16: Sustainability of projects of the Department of Geology and Natural Resources of the Ministry of the Environment SR (principal investigator)
- 02 18: Development of technologies in the decontamination process of environment (principal investigator)
Scope of research
- Geological survey of Environment
- Biogeochemistry and Geomicrobiology of Geological Environments
- Decontamination of Geological Environments
- Development of industrial and Environmental Technologies
- national and international projects at the position of principal investigator
- European Clay Groups Association
- Czech National Clay Group
- Slovak Mining Group
- Slovak Clay Group
- The stays in foreign countries Spain – Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Metalúrgicas (Madrid), Sweden – Lund University / Centre for Chemistry and Chemicaô Engineering / Faculty Technology/Biotechnology (Lund) , Poland – Politechnika Krakowska (Krakov), Austria – Institut fuer Mineralogie und Kristallographie Geozentrum (Viedeň) and Slovenia – National Institute of Biology (Ljubljana).
- 2 Chapters in national scientific monographs, 23 publications in CC international and national journals (Annex 1 to the publications), 38 publications in other foreign and national journals without proceedings
5 Most Important Works
Štyriaková, I., Štyriak, I., Balestrazzi, A., Calvio, C., Matteo, F., Štyriaková, D., 2016: Metal Leaching and Reductive Dissolution of Iron from Contaminated Soil and Sediment Samples by Indigenous Bacteria and Bacillus Isolates. In Soil and Sediment Contamination: An International Journal, 25:5, 519-535.
Štyriaková, I., Štyriak, I., Oberhänsli, H., 2012: Rock weathering by indigenous heterotrophic bacteria of Bacillus spp. at different temperature: a laboratory experiment. Mineralogy and Petrologyl 105, 135-144.
Štyriaková, I., Mockovčiaková, A., Štyriak, I., Kraus, I., Uhlík, P., Madejová, J., Orolínová, Z., 2012: Bioleaching of clay and iron oxide coatings from quartz sands. In App. Clay Science 61, 1-7.
Štyriaková, I., Jablonovská, K., Mockovčiaková, A., Bekéniyová, A., Štyriak, I., Kraus, I., Osacký, M., Lovás, M., 2010: Dissolution of iron from quartz sands by basin bioleaching under static in-situ condition. In Hydrometallurgy 104, 443-447.
Mockovčiaková, A., Štyriaková, I. Škvarla, J., Kozáková, I., 2008: Characterization of changes low and high defect kaolinite after bioleaching. In Applied Clay Science 39, 202-207.
- Principal project coordinator: 7 national projects VEGA, APVV a 16 contracts, 5 international projects CORFO (Chile), OZ-NEW (USA), 5.RP (EU), MVTS (Austria), MVTS Slovenia)
- Co-worker: 13 national projects VEGA, SF (Structural funds), ŠO (State order), ŠÚ (State task), GU (Geological task).
5 Most Important Projects
- 01/2015 – 12/2018, VEGA 2/0049/15 “The development of bioremediation technology of metals removing from soil and sediment”
- 01/2014 – 06/2017, CORFO (Chile) ”Development of in-situ bioleaching method to clean quartz sands and application through testing prototype pilot plant”
- 05/2012 – 05/2014, OZ-NEW (USA) “Liberalization of silver particles from silicate minerals by bioleaching”
- 01/2011 – 12/2014, VEGA 2/0109/11 „Stimulation of biochemical processes of raw material and waste treatment”
- 09/2008 – 06/2011, APVV 0472-07 „In-situ bioleaching pretreatment of industrial minerals”